Wings in the Wind is a Christian motorcycle ministry whose mission is to Make disciples of Jesus Christ as we Ride and Serve.
In order to accomplish this mission we seek to glorify God by promoting fellowship, spiritual growth, group rides, and service to the community at large. Service activities are not limited to the cycle community and are not limited to service while on cycles.
As a large Christian group with members from various denominations, it is normal that some have varying interpretations of certain Biblical passages. But, we have agreed to some foundational principles from Scripture, The Holy Bible. The Beliefs Statement expresses these foundational principles and shall be signed be each member.
1. Service functions to the cycle community.
2. Service functions to the non-cycle community.
3. Group rides.
4. Monthly meetings.
5. Prayer for member needs.
6. Spiritual training, encouragement, and evangelism.
1. Members shall not be required to own a motorcycle.
3. Maintain the beliefs and conduct as specified in the official
4. There will absolutely be no yearly / monthly dues. Funds required
will be acquired by donations and voluntary collection at the
Each member is expected to conduct themselves as specified in the Conduct Statement. If it becomes apparent that a member is struggling in this area the officers shall approach the member with this potential conflict. If an agreement is not reached, the officers (not members at large) are responsible for the discipline or removal of the member. The integrity and witness of the group shall take priority over any individual member.
Meetings shall be held a minimum of once a month but attendance by members is not mandatory and lack of attendance shall in no way be held against a member. We are a club offering "opportunities" for fellowship and service and not "requirements".
It is up to each individual chapter to decide what officer positions are required. An example of possible positions is listed below.
1. President- The president shall be responsible for the leadership of
the group. At his choice he may appoint others to be on committiees
or serve individually to help with the responsibilities of the
President. The President may choose to facilitate the monthly
meetings or may ask the Vice-President to perform the function.
2. Vice-President- The Vice-President's responsibility is primarily to
support the President in his absence. Upon agreement with the
President the Vice-President may facilitate the monthly meetings
as part of his regular duties. Upon the resignation of the President
the Vice-President may choose to move up to President or may
choose to remain in their current position.
3. Road Captain-The Road Captain is responsible for planning and
directing group rides or for directing others involved with these
4. Treasurer/Secretary-The Treasurer/Secretary is responsible for all
monies collected as well as dispersed.
5. Chaplain-The Chaplain is responsible for duties or activities related
to spiritual training or encouragement.
When starting a new chapter the initiators should assume the role of the officer positions until the group has met for one year. After one year from the date of the first meeting the officers will be elected by the members. Current officers may be re-elected if desired but it is strongly encouraged that new officers are elected each year.
The headquarters for "Wings In The Wind" will be based in Chattanooga, Tennessee where the founding chapter is located. The officers of the Chattanooga Chapter will also serve as national officers as needed.
Colors (Back Patch)
1. The ministry colors may only be worn by active ministry members.
2. All ministry patches must be obtained from the Chattanooga
3. New chapters must make an effort to contact leaders of the
motorcycle community in their area to explain what the ministry is
about and to make sure they are not in conflict with any local
customs or un-official rules.
4. Ministry colors should be worn where possible at service functions